Are you working in the biz? Do you have info that might be relevant to sex workers in New Orleans?
This includes (but isn’t limited to) the following: information or warnings about safety issues, recommendations of good healthcare providers, legal services, places to work, etc.
Thanks in advance!!
Do you like free stuff?? We do. Here’s some pretty cool free stuff:
FREE Self-Defense Workshop
From the Facebook event page:
“Get hands-on experience learning simple and effective techniques for self-defense. We want to avoid violent situations at almost any cost, but if it is necessary to defend yourself, you need to know how to quickly strike to incapacitate and attacker and break away. We’ll cover situations with both unarmed and armed attackers. We’ll also learn techniques for de-escalating a situation, when it might be best to feign cooperation, to run away, or when it might be necessary to fight. Wear clothes you can move and sweat in! You’ll get to try the techniques full-strength on a padded target and drill different attack scenarios with a partner.”
Anonymity and Privacy for Sex Workers
FREE (needle-free, appointment-free, and cost-free!) HIV Testing
TAKE CHARGE Program for FREE Family Planning / Birth Control
- Got a vagina? Having piv sex? Still fertile? If you answered “yes” to these questions, you should know that the state of Louisiana will give you FREE birth control and 4 free gyn visits a year. It’s called the TAKE CHARGE program, and you should check it out to see if you qualify. It’s super-easy to apply and totally worth it because…yeah, it’s free.
Kitestring FREE text check-in service
- Another cool free thing someone just reminded me about: Kitestring, a simple, anonymous, FREE check-in service. It wasn’t developed specifically for providers, but it sounds like it might as well have been–it could be really useful for appointments with clients: Basically, the service will notify whatever emergency contacts you list if you do not check-in via text when the appointment’s over. It’s not an app, just a free service, so you can use it with a cheap burn phone.
From the website:
Whether you’re meeting up with a stranger or just taking a midnight stroll, give Kitestring a heads up.
Check in via SMS
Kitestring checks up on you with a simple text message. Reply to the message to check in.
If you don’t check in, Kitestring sends your emergency contacts a personalized alert message.
Nothing to download
And you don’t even need a smartphone. Get started below—it’s free.” https://www.kitestring.io/
Publish some research for free?
- Not really free stuff, but relevant to anyone who might be researching something related to sex work: NSWP‘s annual publication Research for Sex Work is seeking contributions for its 14th edition, themed ‘Sex work is work’.From the call for contributions:
“This theme reflects one of NSWP’s core values: the acceptance of sex work as legitimate work. This value reflects the importance of labour rights as an important step in upholding the human rights of sex workers as individuals and as members of the workforce. Research for Sex Work is an international journal that incorporates research results, experiences and reports on the subject of sex work within a human rights framework. We welcome three writing formats: research results, project or programme descriptions, and think pieces. The journal aims to cover all geographical regions, and we do give priority to submissions from sex worker individuals and groups. Authors who should consider contributing are sex worker groups, support organisations, HIV prevention projects, NGOs, universities and research institutions. Submissions must be in English, and the text will be edited and peer reviewed before being published. The maximum length for an abstract is 300 words, with articles limited to 1200. To submit an article or ask questions, write to our editor Heather at R4SW.Editor@nswp.org Abstracts are due 31 July 2014 23:59 GMT Finished articles will be due 26th of August. Authors will need to be accessible by email to answer questions and make corrections throughout September and October.”
Have a good weekend!!
One of our members created a guide to her screening process and shared it with us.
If you have any screening tips you’d like to share, feel free to email them to us, or just post them in the comments section below!
Client Screening Tips for Escorts
- http://www.myhoneysuckle.com/escort-screening-tool/ (this searches a guys info in Yahoo, Amazon, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc all at once)
- SmartR inbox, a Gmail add on from Xobi pulls up the facebook, twitter, and linkedin from anyone who emails you, providing they use that email for those other accounts. If its not the email address they most frequently use, it sometimes shows you another one they use more frequently from that IP address.
- ReadNotify.com allows you to track any emails IP, make it “self destruct”, and tells you if anyone prints out, copies, or forwards your email.
- SafeOffice.com has hotel reviews as well as its own blacklist, and an offshore client management database.
- Publicdata.com cam pull up all the public data on anyone if you have thier Drivers License #, and if your going to check IDs, I recommend an ID scanning app: http://www.barandclubstats.com/
- http://www.highprogrammer.com/cgi-bin/uniqueid (this tool I am not 100% sure on, but essentially what it does is this: it tells you what someones drivers license # should be given thier name, dob, and a little other info)
- http://www.crimesmasher.com/default.aspx (the cool thing about this database is it is the only one that has warrants, ie, people who have yet to be arrested but are wanted, usually for things like unpaid tickets and missed child support)
- I’m also looking into a very cool site/service called EscortPin.com
- This is important too: http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/10-ways-to-protect-images-from-being-stolen/
- BUT, this by far, has been the single most powerful link ever: How to Get What You Want from Men
if you keep up that mindset, you can rule the fucking world 🙂
Update: Tips from another New Orleans Provider:
Explanation of a New Orleans Escort’s Screening Methods: All you ever wanted to know about why and how I screen my clients.