Harm Reduction for Adult Film Actresses, by Alex Foxe and Jacklyn Lick
* If you have never heard of the company call someone you know in the business and ask about them.
* If it doesn’t feel right don’t do it. The money is never worth it in the long run.
* If you are in pain stop the scene! Take the director off the set and tell him/her what is wrong.
* If a body part on the person you are working with doesn’t look or smell right! Stop the scene. Your health and well being is the most important factor.
* Talk with whom you are working with before you work with them. Tell them what you like and don’t like. If during the scene they don’t respect your wish’s stop the scene and remind the actor of your like and dislikes.
If someone is going to become a porn actress what should they expect? Things to watch out for?
* There are sharks out there! Protect yourself, because no one else will. Although they may reassure you that they are looking out for your well being, Remember that in reality they are only looking out for themselves.
* Prepare yourselves for hidden costs. The up-keep is expensive.
* It’s very hard to be in a healthy relationship. Although it’s possible, it is improbable.
* Your family is likely to find out! Even if they live in small town America. With the Internet here to stay, porn is universal. It is everywhere.
* Fear that your past will come back to haunt you. This is not to sound dramatic. It is very real. The tapes you have made are forever.
* Your social life is affected. You live with the fear of being judged for your past in your present life.
* First off, don’t do anything in porn that you wouldn’t do in your own bedroom.
* Always use your instincts when accepting scenes. If you don’t feel right about it, don’t do it.
* Also, I always recommend using condoms. Though some companies don’t support that, try working with the companies that do.
* Don’t do anything you will hope and pray no one ever sees.